Adapted from Dr. Mark Hyman’s recipe in his cookbook Eat Fat, Get Thin.
One thing that I love about this recipe is that you can make them in advance easily and then cook them from frozen when you need them! So for this reason, they are super helpful in my meal prep.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
- 2 pounds ground chicken or turkey
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped fine
- 1 handful of fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Shape into 8 burgers of equal size.
- Grill for 7 minutes per side.
*If you want to prep these burgers in advance, you can freeze the formed patties. Just cook them from frozen for a couple of minutes longer.
Yields 4-6 servings
You can view Dr. Hyman’s original recipe HERE. He includes a recipe for an Avocado Cream to pair with the burgers too!